Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Bedtime Brain Drain

Do you have trouble sleeping? Then you and I are in the same boat. 
I have tried teas, mood lighting, sound machines (which I just LOVE)...and even some over the counter sleep aid. Finally, I was prescribed something to help sleep.  
Overall, I CAN sleep. My problem is turning my brain off at night. Take right now for instance, I should be sleeping, but instead, this time of night has turned in to 'How to save the world and all it's problems and still try to get 6 hours."
As I try to settle down and get ready to sleep, I have already come up with ways to improve my job, fix the budget crisis, and be super mom. Don't we all wear those shoes everyday????
Mom, wife, friend, employee, mentor, daughter, and it keeps going on and on.  
So, I wear myself out as I doze off hoping that some of the grand ideas which wander through my dreams will be fresh on my mind the next morning.
At night I really do have clues to the great solutions I want to put into place. 
I don't know if the morning clarity hides my key to implementation or if they appear different in the light of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment